Friday, February 1, 2013

Sharing Some News!



Happy Friday, friends!  Just a really short post tonight to share some good news.  A couple months ago I found out that I'd be presenting at the Conference for the Advancement of Mathematics Teachers (CAMT) in San Antonio this summer.  Well, I just found out today that my proposal to speak at the NCTM Regional Conference in Baltimore this October was accepted!  Yikes!  Here's the lowdown on the presentation I'll be giving at both conferences:

Title:
Routines for Building Number Sense
Description of Presentation:
Meet the Common Core Standards for Math through quick, engaging daily number routines and workstation activities using 5- and 10-frames, dot cards, rekenreks, and other DIY materials for composing and decomposing numbers. Session includes materials that can be used in your classroom tomorrow!

I probably shouldn't gush and act so silly, but that's pretty dang (hey, I'm from Texas) exciting!

I hope your weekend is off to terrific start!  Don't forget Bagels and Blogs on Sunday and Book Study Mondays on, well, Monday. :)



22 comments :

  1. Congratulations! I'm sure you'll be fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Debbie! :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations - You are such a wonderful resource so it's no wonder that your proposals have been accepted. Just wish I could be there to hear you speak in person!

    So happy for you!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so lucky!!! Wish you would come to Ohio-hint hint!!!!
    Amy Burton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohio?! I thought you were in Maryland! How did I mix that up? :)

      Delete
  4. That's awesome! Congratulations! I would love to attend, but I'm in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! The NCTM conferences move around, so who knows about next time!

      Delete
  5. I know what I'm asking my principal for on Monday! San Antonio is a short drive for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Karen! And CAMT is such a great bargain for such an awesome conference.

      Delete
  6. Donna, that's WONDERFUL! Wish I could be there to see your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for you! You have so much to offer! I love CAMT! It's where I go to learn from all the Math gurus! Maybe I will finally get to meet you in person!

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! I'd sure like to plan a meet-up during CAMT for all my Texas friends! Maybe lunch or dinner. Wouldn't that be fun? :)

      Delete
  8. What well-deserved honors, Donna! I'm sure you'll be a great success!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. Just slightly nervous! Ha ha.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations, Donna!! That is awesome AND "pretty dang exciting" even for those of us NOT from Texas!! You will be awesome...lucky those that get to attend your presentation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jody, you definitely have potential as a Texan! Thanks for the sweet comment! :)

      Delete
  10. Congratulations Donna! What an honor...but so richly deserved! You are amazing! I so wish I could go to this conference to hear you speak!

    œKaryn
    A is for Apple B is for Blog
    Kideducator@comcast.ne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Karyn! I'm sure it's going to be an amazing experience!

      Delete
  11. Congrats to you! I know you'll do great!
    Shibahn

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...