Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pencil Sharpener Perfection!


There are two types of people in the world--those who like electric pencil sharpeners and those who like manual ones.  I am firmly in the manual camp.  They just seem to produce a better point and have more lasting power.  That said, I think I have found a practically perfect manual pencil sharpener.  Behold the Classroom Friendly Pencil Sharpener.


The genius behind this nifty tool is Troy Decoff, teacher and owner of Classroom Friendly Supplies.  Leave it to a teacher to build a better pencil sharpener!  I got mine in the mail today and couldn't wait to give it a try.  It's kind of space age looking, and there's even a video to show exactly how to use it.  Basically, you pull out the front piece, insert the pencil, and crank.  The front piece pulls the pencil into the sharpening unit as you crank.  Very cool!  And it produces a great point.

Want one of your own now? Well, as luck would have it, I have a giveaway for you!! What are you waiting for? :)

a Rafflecopter giveaway


20 comments:

  1. Love your site and your ideas. We're moving towards guided math in our district and you've already helped me so much. THANKS! from a 1st grade teacher in NJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! Always nice to hear that my ramblings are helping out. Stay warm!! :)

      Delete
  2. My daughter read about these on a blog, ordered 3 and gave me one. It is the best dang pencil sharpener I have ever seen! I brought it to my faculty meeting, and took orders for almost 50!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get that, Jean! It's an awesome sharpener. :)

      Delete
  3. I would love to win this sharpener! My 4th graders are always sticking erasers or crayons in mine at school! I need a new sharpener. I love your site for the ideas you present to help these kids with math fluency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! Good luck with the giveaway!

      Delete
  4. And did you know it is AMAZING on colored pencils too(EVEN CHEAP DOLLAR STORE ONES)? I swear, cross my heart, best pencil sharpener EVER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read that! Haven't tried it for myself...yet. :)

      Delete
  5. I have got to get me one of these! Thanks! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking it's time I go back to a manual sharpener. So, so tired of having electric ones squeal and die. Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have gone through so many pencil sharpeners and never found one that could handle a classroom of children. I will certainly put one of these on my classroom wish list. Thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard they last a long time. Good luck!

      Delete
  8. I've heard of how awesome this sharpner is by many people! I'm not sure why I haven't purchased one yet. Maybe I will win one!! I enjoy reading your great blog.

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck to you, Kerri! Even if you don't win, they are very reasonably priced.

      Delete
  9. I am already a fan on FB and it won't let me enter. I don't have good luck with those widgets on anyone's blog and can never enter contests. Hopefully this will serve as my entry because I want that sharpener!! I'm just about ready to buy one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, you're not liking my FB page this time, you're liking Classroom Friendly's. The winner is chosen from the Rafflecopter entries, so try again!!

      Delete
  10. I am so glad I found your blog! Math is my favorite time of day in my classroom! (especially with all sharp pencils!!) :kelly.turk@browardschools.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Kelly! Glad to hear that you love math! :)

      Delete

Comments make me smile! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...