Sunday, December 9, 2012

Bagels and Blogs, December 9


Ho ho ho!  The tree is up, and it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  It might even feel like Christmas when the cold front comes through this week.  Lots of great posts to share with you!  Be sure to leave a comment when you visit. :)

Beth at Thinking of Teaching posted pictures of a TON of awesome anchor charts for teaching addition and subtraction.  So many great strategies!
I'm featuring Nikki's post at Teaching in Progress, not only because she shows a neat activity to help make number lines more concrete, but also because of what she has to say about math talks!
We don't get much snow in Texas, which makes me appreciate this beautiful art and poetry project from Jen at Runde's Room even more!
Earlier in the year we had 10-11-12, and now we're coming up on 12-12-12.  Check out  these TWELVE great ideas for celebrating the day from Rachel at Minds in Bloom.
Marie at The Hand-on-Teacher incorporated literature into  this science activity from Steve Spangler.
Enjoy your week!


14 comments :

  1. I look forward to your Blogs & Bagels Posts each week!! I am hoping for some Houston snow this week. I'll keep dreaming!! Thanks for always sharing such great resources!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can always dream of a white Christmas! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the 12-12-12 idea! Now I'm searching for activities for my firsties!!!! I love snow...that's the ONLY reason I live in Ohio still...otherwise we would be in the south! Happy Sunday!
    Amy Burton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking North Carolina would be good. Change of seasons and some snow. Not to mention the gorgeous views!

      Delete
    2. Carolinas would be fine with me :)

      Delete
    3. Miles from Montana....Laura Candler has a free activity that might work for you. :) It's called Race to Write 12, and is a cooperative activity where teams race to come up with 12 items that fit a given topic, such as games, cities, Christmas songs, etc. :) Here is a link:
      http://corkboardconnections.blogspot.com/2012/12/racetowrite12.html
      If the link doesn't work for some reason, just google it and it should come right up. :)
      PS Wish I could send you both some snow...we had 7 inches and 40 mph winds today in SD! :)
      Happy Holidays!! :)

      Delete
    4. Oops, sorry, meant to write this idea to Amy. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the shout out (and glad you like it Amy B!). I'll be sure to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,
    Thanks for linking to my blog. I am humbled knowing that you think what I am doing in math is worthwhile to share! Every time I need some help with a lesson plan your blog is my first stop. Thanks again.
    Beth
    Thinking of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, that post was amazing! It's so clear that you have created a fabulous mathematical environment for your kiddos. :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for mentioning my post! I'm honored:)
    And I loved the 12-12-12 ideas! I'll be adapting a few of those for my first graders this week!

    ~Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your post, Nikki! Anything that can make something abstract more concrete is right up my alley. :)

      Delete

Comments make me smile! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...