Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Support for Counting by Tens off the Decade


As I was planning with my 1st grade teachers the other day, they said they had some kiddos who were really struggling with counting by tens off the decade (17, 27, 37, 47, etc.).  They had the Tens Ladders, but that was too challenging for some kids.  I suggested that maybe those kiddos needed more support from the hundred chart, so I made these hundred charts with some columns, and parts or columns, missing.  These would be GREAT to use with small group instruction to hear the kiddo's thinking.  There are ten altogether -one complete hundred chart and nine partial.  Click here to grab your copy!



5 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!!!!!! LOVE :)
    My kids really LOVE these!
    Thanks Donna!
    Amy Burton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you told me you needed more skip counting by tens off the decade... :)

      Delete
    2. Ha, I did! Lucky for me your first grade teachers did too!!!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous idea, as always! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...