Friday, April 6, 2012

A Plethora of Math Anchor Charts


Today, it's my pleasure to showcase the beautiful and creative anchor charts of Keisha Charles.  Keisha is a 2nd grade teacher at my school, and her anchor charts are pure artistry.  I'll be honest, having spent my classroom years at the intermediate level, anchor charts were a little foreign to me when I first started working with primary teachers.  But oddly enough, I have found that even primary teachers who routinely make anchor charts for literacy work, often lack math anchor charts in their rooms.  The truth is, anchor charts help create a numerically rich environment, and they are great for ALL classrooms--primary and intermediate.  So, enjoy your walk through this art gallery, and if you want to read more about Keisha's class, check out this post.  Oh, and Sunday is Keisha's birthday, so you guys be sure and leave her a happy birthday wish!



















3 comments :

  1. These anchor charts are great! I'm wishing she had a blog so I could see more of her ideas :) Thanks for sharing!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the anchor charts!
    Also...tag!
    http://rowdyinroom300.blogspot.com/2012/04/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND when she teaches, she is just as specific (if not more)!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...